Sports Funding & Swimming
PE & Sport Premium & Swimming
PE & Sport Premium is funding provided to primary schools to enhance the provision of PE and sport. The Government has committed to keeping the funding in place until 2020. It is for schools to decide how the PE and Sport funding is spent.
Principles for allocating the funding
To ensure that our PE & Sport Premium is spent in the most effective ways the following principles have been agreed:
- Provide high quality PE teaching
- Offer a range of school sports clubs
- Develop pupil sport leaders who take an active part in decision making
- Increase pupils’ participation in Sport
- Run sports activities with partnership schools
- Undertake monitoring and analysis to identify pupils who do not participate in sporting activities beyond the school day, and provide support and encouragement to enrol them in an activity of their choice.
- Monitoring and evaluation to demonstrate the impact of spending on the outcomes for pupils.
- Offer outdoor education such as Forest Schools
- Encourage Healthy Lifestyles
Please see below our Federation report.
2018/2019 2019/2020 2020/2021
Fund Funding received - £16500 Funding received - £16496 Funding received - £16640
Currently our Year 3/4 & Year 6 cohort are meeting the national curriculum requirement to swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres, use a range of strokes effectively and perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations.