Vision and Ethos
'Small enough to care, large enough to inspire. Valuing all God's children'
Vision and Ambition statement
In recognition of it's Christian foundations, the Forest CE Federation provides a welcoming and caring environment, in partnership with parents, churches and communities, where each child is valued as a unique individual. Respect, responsibility and Christian values are developed in a safe, nurturing environment, where each child is encouraged to thrive and reach their full potential.
- We provide a creative, stimulating and engaging curriculum that is accessible to all pupils, where each child will develop their individual talents, interests and skills.
- We engage the inquisitive mind of each child and ignite a passion for life-long learners who are curious about the world around them.
- We offer rich and varied experiences individually or in collaboration with others across the Federation.
- We provide a happy environment where children show tolerance, respect and consideration for others.
- Diversity is embraced and celebrated through devotion to Christian and British values, spiritual awareness and reflection through prayer.
The Forest CE Federations' statement is "Small enough to care, large enough to inspire, Valuing all God's children". The Governing body of The Forest CE Federation during all it's meetings will keep this at the forefront of its decision making.
As a Governing body our vision for the Federation is to provide every child an outstanding education through excellence in academic achievement whilst promoting curiosity, enthusiasm and independence. Every pupil should enjoy and benefit from the highest standard of teaching and learning.
The Governing body has three core functions, these are to:
1) Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2) Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
3) Overseeing the financial performance of the Federation and making sure its money is well spent.
To support our vision we will:
- Promote the Church of England ethos through our values and promote every child's social, moral, spiritual and cultural development.
- Provide opportunities for all pupils to develop skills and knowledge and ignite a passion for lifelong learning.
- Ensure the long term sustainability of our schools. Consistent pupil intakes are imperative, and we will explore every avenue available to us to ensure we are able to serve our village communities for many years to come.
- Use the resources of the Federation to benefit all pupils. Each school must be financially sound, making the best of it's income that positively impacts on the quality of education.
- We expect our staff to continually develop through high quality CPD to ensure they are well equipped to meet the diverse needs of all learners. The learning environment will be safe where respect and caring attitudes flourish.
- Be reflective and always find ways to improve. All pupils, staff and governors will celebrate success and support development.
- As governors, be appropriately trained, guided and supported in our collective and individual roles to fully discharge our statutory responsibilities.